Easy ways to maintain your hot tub
Hot tubs provide you a great way to relax and get rid of daily stress. Your hot tub can also become an exciting dating spot to spend some quality time with your partner. However, to make sure you get all the benefits that a hot tub is supposed to provide,
you must maintain it really well. Maintaining your hot tub means keeping the water clean, making sure that the equipment is running well, checking chemical levels and adding them when needed. Here are a few tips that would help you maintain your hot tub.
Testing the water and adding chemicals
- Test and adjust the chemical levels at least once a week.
- For best output, keep a minimum two hour gap between adding chemicals. This will maximise their effectiveness.
- Measure the chemicals before adding them to your tub.
- Sanitise your tub with chlorine or bromine. Bromine or lithium-based chlorine handle higher spa water temperatures better than standard chlorine.
- Check pH levels. Your pH level should be between 7.2-7.8
- Put odourisers in your tub if there has been many people using it.
- Use an oxy shock treatment (non-chlorine based sanitiser) to kill bacteria and impurities.
- Most spas are now fitted with an ozonator. Make sure this is working correctly by checking if a steady stream of visible ozone bubbles are rising from the ozone inlet normally from the floor of the spa. Note: The ozonator will only be working while the spa filter pump is running.
Cleaning the filter and cover
- Your filter should be cleaned every two weeks.
- Clean your hot tub cover once a month with a gentle rag or a soft sponge.
- Prolong your vinyl hut tub cover’s life by conditioning it on the outside every 3-4 months.
- Clean the mildew inside the vinyl covering occasionally to get rid of odour.
- Handle the cover with care to prevent damages that lead to premature deterioration. Aquaneo pool store has top quality Covermate spa cover lifters in their store.
Keeping your spa running well
- Always take a bath before using the spa to ensure hygiene.
- Depending on how often you use the spa, change the water every 3-6 months.
- Leave your hot tub on at all times to make sure the circulation will continuously filter the water and prevent the formation of algae.
Get all your equipment, essentials and spare parts at Aquaneo Pool Store. We deliver all over